• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L61R Finnbear 25/06 Mannlicher Carbine

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

1holen11

My father had a large collection of various guns and calibers and this is one of them. Finding information has been very difficult. My understanding was that only 50 of these were imported into the US.? Trying to find out any information I can and approximate value. Any help would be appreciated. Gun is 98%. Thanks in advance!

Not sure there is any documentation to support your understanding that only 50 of these were imported. Regardless, I have a feeling that a 25-06 in the Mannlincher version is a fairly scarce item. Value is based on condition, originality, & scarcity & is what a buyer & a seller settle on. Giving values is not something this forum can do in any definitive way based on a 4 sentence inquiry & is not our purpose. Let's just say it's not going to make a difference in your retirement. Putting it up for auction would give you a very good idea of it's market value. Research this forum & check the various gun auction /sale sites & you will get an idea of approximate value. I do believe it will be something north of $1000. Information on Sakos with regard to numbers imported, when they were made, & the various oddities is very difficult to determine. Records are sketchy at best & is one of the on going informative discussions that occur here, which is why we belong.

Back