L61R Bolt Guide Upgrade

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks for gunsmithing your own Sako' started by +Templar+, Feb 22, 2018.

1. +Templar+

+Templar+ Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri
    Hi All,

Just saved up my pennies and bought an AV Mannlicher in 375 H&H. This is my first Sako in 375. I had been pouring through the internet to find info about the Bolt Guide issue that can arise and cause the action to lock up. I want to take this rifle to Africa someday and I would like do what I can to assure this will not happen during a hunt. I read about an updated bolt guide that was available to prevent this issue. But haven’t found anything beyond that. What is the part number and where do I get one? Would like to procure one of these before I consider doing the roll pin modification I also read about.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
    Cody

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018

2. gunner620

gunner620 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Templar , I have some information for you. See the private message I sent to you. Jim

3. Sugar River

Sugar River Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Bringing this back to the top since I need the same info. Have a '86 vintage AV Deluxe in 375 that has broken the guide leaf spring twice. Where can I find a permanent fix?

Thanks
    Pete

4. +Templar+

+Templar+ Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri
    Pete,

I would contact Accuflite Arms and have them pin it. I finally ended up doing that. No way it’s coming loose.

Br,
    Cody

5. Sugar River

Sugar River Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I contacted Accuflite and will be sending them the bolt shortly.

Thanks to Cody and Jim in VA.