L61R 375

Discussion in 'Sako Long/Magnum Actions' started by koeni, Apr 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. koeni

koeni Member

Country Flag:
    South Africa
    State/Region:
    other
    Well good news. I purchased the rifle and hopefully within 2-3 months my license will be here... Hold thumbs.

@stonecreek, I took out the bolt when I visited the dealer the last time and the bolt only has two lugs. You mentioned that is should have 3. Was mine manufactured in a transition era between the 2-3 lugs?

Sean Hodges likes this.

2. Norway.375

Norway.375 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Norway
    State/Region:
    NO Agder
    It is a good rifle. I bought mine in 1986 and it is working 100% after 70 norwegian-moose kill.

koeni and Sean Hodges like this.
  3. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    The "third" lug stone is referring to is at the rear of the bolt, on the bottom, just forward of the bolt handle. It is an extra "safety" lug & fits in a recess cut in the bottom of the action. The front of the bolt has the conventional opposed two lug design. It was deemed unnecessary & dropped as a design feature on the later L series Sakos. The Model 85 has three front lugs that most people think of when they hear "3-lug bolt".

koeni likes this.
  4. koeni

koeni Member

Country Flag:
    South Africa
    State/Region:
    other
    That's great news thanks Norway375. And a healthy amount of moose! Nice! I hope they all last many years and hunts as well!

Norway.375 likes this.
  5. koeni

koeni Member

Country Flag:
    South Africa
    State/Region:
    other
    Thanks for the clarification paulsonconstruction. The 85 is exactly why got confused. Nice to have such experts willing share knowledge.

6. koeni

koeni Member

Country Flag:
    South Africa
    State/Region:
    other
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply posts. Appreciate the time and knowledge shared by all. Sure I will enjoy my Sako 375. Will post some picks when she comes home...