• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L579 Forrester in 308

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Navin

Hi guys just got my first Sako here in India I got is reblued and polished the stock .

Attachments

• IMG_20180901_203905-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180901_203905-01.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 65
Congratulations on your nicely refurbished Sako. I would think that they are hard to come by in India.

Tell us more about hunting opportunities in India. In the early part of the last century it was as famed a place for hunting as Africa, but that has changed over time, of course.

Congratulations on your nicely refurbished Sako. I would think that they are hard to come by in India.

Tell us more about hunting opportunities in India. In the early part of the last century it was as famed a place for hunting as Africa, but that has changed over time, of course.
No more hunting in India all restricted now just u get permits for wild boar and Neel guy or blue bull that also in your own farm .
But nearby Nepal offers some good hunting of ibex or bluesheep with permits

Here's a page from an early 1950's Shooters Bible offering hunts in India. You can enlarge it by clicking on it to read it better. Note that you are guaranteed two tigers in ten days. And if you have small children they can be boarded at nominal cost and occasionally brought out to visit you where you are hunting.

Incidentally, the charge for a ten day hunt at $1,000 in 1950 is equal to $10,400 in 2018 dollars -- still a huge bargain for ten days and ("at least") two tigers.

Image.jpg

Wow go
Here's a page from an early 1950's Shooters Bible offering hunts in India. You can enlarge it by clicking on it to read it better. Note that you are guaranteed two tigers in ten days. And if you have small children they can be boarded at nominal cost and occasionally brought out to visit you where you are hunting.

Incidentally, the charge for a ten day hunt at $1,000 in 1950 is equal to $10,400 in 2018 dollars -- still a huge bargain for ten days and ("at least") two tigers.

View attachment 14477
Of old golden days

Stone Creek can you help me identify this Sako rifle and advice on it to buy or not
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG-20180903-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20180903-WA0007.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back