L579 6mm rem

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Josh361!, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Josh361!

Josh361! Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Sako L579 custom built stock after market JR Douglass stainless barrel just looking to get any information I can. Thank you.

Attached Files:

ricksengines likes this.

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    From the serial number it is an early 70's action. Looks like a nice long stainless Douglas barrel. Probably a great shooter. As for value, that can be all over the place. Sako collector value, very little. As a shooter, if it still shoots well, values are hard to tell. The 6mm with its longer neck is more admirable than the 243. 6mm is the same case as the old 244Rem, just the twist rates were different.

Josh361! likes this.
  3. Josh361!

Josh361! Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Yes you know your ammo I did some research Whatever I inherited the gun on the serial numbers that I was look at that it said it was a 243cal serial number. And does the sako company build there own stocks I'm confused on that. Thank you so much for your information

4. CVCOBRA1

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    That is not a Sako stock. Not even one that someone put a forend tip on. The checkering on the pistol grip does not match the Sako pattern. As for "Bofors" stamp in the other thread, it is stamped on the right side of barrel. Since you have aftermarket barrel yours wont be as such.

Josh361! likes this.
  5. Josh361!

Josh361! Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Yes sir it's all custom built to my knowledge the stock is handmand by a older gunsmith. Thank you for all your help and information. Would you happen to know a value?

6. CVCOBRA1

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Value for custom guns is just a guess. Value for insurance and value for resale can be way different. Sako bare actions alone can be from $400-$700. Sako customs on Gunbroker can go from reasonable to outrageous. Barrel conditions will tell the difference. Is the bore shot out or like new. I would by a custom gun knowing it needs re-barreled and price it accordingly.

7. Josh361!

Josh361! Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Thank you I appreciate all the information and as far as the barrel I know I can shoot almost on top of one another and I'm not a great shot but the trigger on her is unreal you barely touch she fires lol

8. CVCOBRA1

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Curious what weight bullets you are shooting? If factory probably not less than 95 and that would be Hornady super performance. All other are 100 gr or a little more in 6mm. Your twist is probably 1-9 or 1-10. Maybe you are hand loading to take advantage of the cartridge.

9. Josh361!

Josh361! Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I wish I don't have the know how and equipment to reload and I've used 95gr hornady sst they shoot great and also 100gr federal soft point and they shoot about the same but I can't mix and match If its sitted in using 95gr sst I can't use 100 gr soft point or any other 95gr ammo it throws off by .5 to 1in very picky lol does anyone else have this problem