Short Actions L46 Single Shot

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by n.r.davis, Jul 6, 2019.

1. n.r.davis

n.r.davis Member

Country Flag:
    Poland
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Went looking for a Vintage Target Scope for my Martini and found one but looked to see what other items the seller had. There was a Lyman STS 25 attached to a Sake Single Shot rifle in .222 Mag. Looks to be a Custom Target Rifle from the 60's. I built my Brother in Law a 22-250 on a Sako Action 20 years ago that shoots 2 1/2" groups with anything he feeds it. Not bad for 300 yards. So now my problem. Do I go looking for another Scope as I am taking a Shine to this rifle, or can I just swap the Scope back an forth. I will be eating Rice & Beans for the next couple of months to pay for it....
    David

2. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    David. You better grab that sucker before some body else stumbles onto it. Sakojim.

3. Unclekax

Unclekax Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    You can do a lot with rice and beans!;)

6x47l likes this.
  4. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    David,

So it's a good thing you've learned to like rice and beans over the years ;)

Something I really like is a can of Pork and Beans with a good quality sliced up hot dog added. Provides a little variety :)

5. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    A while back I started a thread titled......I think I found a rare one. L461 Single Shot 17-222 Custom...….

So why don't you take some pics of your L46 single shot and post them here and to the Single Shot thread. I'm sure that other members like myself will be very interested in seeing and appreciating what you have.

rick

6. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    You can buy this dish ready-made in the form of canned Beanie Weenies. However, making them yourself is more economical and I would recommend it to n.r.davis. I also find popcorn to be a good meal substitute when financially over-extended due to the acquisition of a high-dollar Sako.

susanna likes this.
  7. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    It's better to take the new Sako and get some protien - something is always in season

8. n.r.davis

n.r.davis Member

Country Flag:
    Poland
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Looks like it will be Rice & Beans and every other day Beans & Rice! Should be here next week and I will post some pictures of it. Nosler has Brass on sale till Monday, So no Tube Steak as I bought 250. Damn the torpedoes Full Speed Ahead!!!
    David

Unclekax and Branxhunter like this.
  9. n.r.davis

n.r.davis Member

Country Flag:
    Poland
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Good morning,

It wasn't a dream and UPS did show up at 7 last night. It's a keeper and looks to be very lightly used. The Scope doesn't have any wear marks on it. Hope these pictures are visible, if not then I need help posting. David

Attached Files:

ricksengines likes this.
  10. susanna

susanna Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    thanks for the photos, love to see the metal work out of the stock.
    susanna

11. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    That's an interesting custom rifle. I'll be interested to see how it shoots.

So why is Tuvalu your country flag? Few Americans would have any idea where it is or be able to find it on a map. I'm the exception, having been there several times as an American diplomat. Tuvalu probably won't be around much longer, as it is a group of low-lying atolls that will likely sink under the ocean due to climate change.

12. n.r.davis

n.r.davis Member

Country Flag:
    Poland
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Kicking and screaming into the Computer World, so somehow I hit a key or choice and there it is, Tuvalu. Better for me would be Polish as that is where my ancestors are from. David

Unclekax likes this.
  13. n.r.davis

n.r.davis Member

Country Flag:
    Poland
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Got the Barrel pulled last night. Extractor was rubbing on the face of it, so now to check everything out and hopefully one of these days soon take it out and shoot at a empty bean can! David

14. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    I am happy that you let us talk you into buying it. I do have plenty of empty bean cans in case you need a few. Sakojim.