• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions L46 22 Hornet - Original?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

22hipower

Acquired what I think is a fairly early L46 in 22 Hornet today (SN 4568) in the standard sporter configuration. Looks original to me, front sight with hood, "wing" safety on left side, standard butt plate, swivels. What I know about Sakos fills a fairly small page but nothing jumps out at me as incorrect. I was concerned that the receiver might have been drilled as it didn't have standard Sako rings but the bases are Weaver 66/67s and the receiver has not been drilled. I've had a number of Sakos in various calibers over the years but this is the first one in 22 Hornet and probably the oldest one. It needs to be cleaned up a bit but stock has only minor handling marks. Bluing is good with some small spots, initially thought there was some corrosion on the top of the barrel but that turned out to be surface crud and came right off. Came with a throwaway scope but that is easily replaced. Here are pictures (of the left side anyway) and I can take more tomorrow if needed. Any thoughts on issues I should have noticed but didn't? I know we get tired of the "what's it worth" question but I am curious. Over on the S&W collectors forum I usually tell folks "its worth what you paid for it." That said, I paid $700 and figured it had to be worth that, especially if it shoots minute of coyote/turkey. Thanks for any comments and assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1085.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 94
You are making many of us green with envy, great find.:D Your Hornet is highly sought after and appears to be all original and in great shape. I would have paid that price in a heartbeat, can fetch 2-3 times that. The left wing safety is from the early 50's as well as the four digit serial number.

I have no idea what it’s worth to someone else, but I know what I’d pay you for it. And that’s considerably more than you bought it for. In my none professional opinion you got one hell of a buy. Congratulations

What a steal! I'm quite sure there are many guys on this forum (myself included) who would willingly pay two or three times that!

What a great acquisition Hipower!

I see that nobody took a stab at what your rifle is worth so I'll give it a shot.

From what I can see of your photo's, and after a good cleaning, if you put this rifle up on auction it would go North of $3000.00.

You made a great buy at $700!

Latest posts

Back