"L401" on GB - Say What?

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by icebear, Aug 4, 2020.

1. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    There's an auction on Gunbroker for a Flaig's custom .222 with a Mannlicher stock on an L461 action. The dealer has it advertised as an "L401" and there's a picture of the receiver and sure enough, it looks like the 6 has been overstamped with a zero. I don't get it - why would anybody do that? Or maybe it's a double hit on the 6 that makes it look like a zero? Or the worker stamped a zero by mistake and then overstamped it with a 6? This is a head-scratcher. Pic below. pix384638460.jpg

Rogan Kinnear likes this.

2. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    The seller has corrected the listing. I still wonder how that stamping got to look that way. I guess I'll never know, since I don't plan to bid on it.

3. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Another one of those odd Sako flukes. Adds an additional $1000 to the price.

4. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    A bit like a couple of Penn Internationals I ordered 30 odd years ago. One was perfect, the other was over stamped. A factory reject and should never have been shipped out.

Rogan Kinnear likes this.