• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

ISO .300 M995 TRG-S .300 Win Mag

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Tim H.

I’m looking to buy a .300 Wim Mag M995 TRG-S. I’ve searched and searched but come up empty handed. Please advise

I’m looking to buy a .300 Wim Mag M995 TRG-S. I’ve searched and searched but come up empty handed. Please advise
You’ll simply have to keep searching. They show up occasionally in that caliber, but are typically gone quickly, so you must be ready to perform. They are popular for a variety of reasons. Kind of that tactical/hunting crossover. Cabela’s Gun Library has several but not in your caliber. GunsAmerica, Gunbroker, or Guns International would be other sites to check on a regular basis. Good luck.

Very good choice for a fine hunting rifle. One of my favorite rifles. If you would not mind a bit more recoil I do have an extra M995 TRGs in 300 WBY. Ammo more costly unless you load your own. Good luck in your search. Sakojim.

You’ll simply have to keep searching. They show up occasionally in that caliber, but are typically gone quickly, so you must be ready to perform. They are popular for a variety of reasons. Kind of that tactical/hunting crossover. Cabela’s Gun Library has several but not in your caliber. GunsAmerica, Gunbroker, or Guns International would be other sites to check on a regular basis. Good luck.
I appreciate the reply Sean. I’m on all of those sites daily. You are 100% right about the 300 WM moves quickly. I bought one back in 93, later on traded it for another gun. Biggest gun regret of my life! Thank You again for your reply. I know I’m in the right place on this site.

Very good choice for a fine hunting rifle. One of my favorite rifles. If you would not mind a bit more recoil I do have an extra M995 TRGs in 300 WBY. Ammo more costly unless you load your own. Good luck in your search. Sakojim.
I appreciate your reply Jim. I’ve searched the internet, gun shops, pawn shops and everywhere in between to find this gun. I bought one back in 93, traded it for another gun. Biggest mistake/regret I’ve ever made with a gun trade. Out of curiosity, what are you looking to get for your 300 WBY? Thank you again for your response Sir. Have a Great Day.

www.sakosource.com has two Model 995's, but one is 7mm STW and the other .338 Win. I took a .338 Win identical to the one on SakoSource's website to Africa several years ago and took quite a number of head of game with it. I now own one in .338, .375, and .416 Rem and all are very accurate. (Thankfully, the .416 just required four shots with my desired handloads to zero and make a one-inch group. As you might expect, the recoil makes it not the best choice for a benchrest rifle:eek:.)

Tim. I agree with all that stonecreek stated. I am sure you are showing favoritism toward the 300 WM caliber but I can assure you that there are some advantages for consideration of the 7mm STW unless you are expecting to hunt dangerous game. Two other TRGs calibers for your consideration might be the Lazzeroni Firebird or Lazzeroni Warbird. Both produce outstanding performance at 700-1000 yards. The 7mm STW is my personal preference for all around performance because it will give better accuracy and longer range than the 300 WM but with a slight loss of energy. Using less powder is a savings if you load your own. I would not recommend the 7mm WBY due to my personal experience that I was never able to duplicate the performance of WBY factory ammo by hand loading and I never could reconcile the cost of factory ammo. I am sure others have helpful suggestions for you if you are unable to find a 300 WM. Keep us informed of your progress. When you decide which caliber you want let us know. I do have numerous M995 TRGS in nearly all factory produced calibers, some duplicates and some new and unused in the box. As a avid hunter and collector I am approaching the time to distribute my collection to the younger more energetic Sako lovers. Sakojim.

Tim. I agree with all that stonecreek stated. I am sure you are showing favoritism toward the 300 WM caliber but I can assure you that there are some advantages for consideration of the 7mm STW unless you are expecting to hunt dangerous game. Two other TRGs calibers for your consideration might be the Lazzeroni Firebird or Lazzeroni Warbird. Both produce outstanding performance at 700-1000 yards. The 7mm STW is my personal preference for all around performance because it will give better accuracy and longer range than the 300 WM but with a slight loss of energy. Using less powder is a savings if you load your own. I would not recommend the 7mm WBY due to my personal experience that I was never able to duplicate the performance of WBY factory ammo by hand loading and I never could reconcile the cost of factory ammo. I am sure others have helpful suggestions for you if you are unable to find a 300 WM. Keep us informed of your progress. When you decide which caliber you want let us know. I do have numerous M995 TRGS in nearly all factory produced calibers, some duplicates and some new and unused in the box. As a avid hunter and collector I am approaching the time to distribute my collection to the younger more energetic Sako lovers. Sakojim.
What a nice gesture Sakojim. Another reason I like being part of this forum. Take care.

Thank You Jim once again for your insight. I currently own a 7mm and it’s a great rifle. I also found a 308 Warbird that I’m about to buy as well. Currently my head and heart is dead set on a 300WM. I am very interested in what you are about to distribute to the younger more energetic Sako lovers. I’m very new to this site, so I’m not sure how the negotiations work on here. I can’t say Thank You enough to you and everyone for reaching out to me. Finally I’ve found a place with honest people with extensive knowledge. Rare these days. Thank You sakojim

Latest posts

Back