Short Actions Is this Real? L46 (L469) .222 Magnum Deluxe on GB

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by icebear, Aug 19, 2019.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    This auction for a Deluxe grade L469 in .222 Magnum is in its last couple of hours on Gunbroker and the more I look at the pictures the more suspicious it looks. For some reason it just kind of smells like a product of a certain gun shop in Montana. What's the collective wisdom here? What do you Deluxe collectors think? I've decided not to jump in; I already have more Sakos than I have time to shoot, including three .222 Magnums.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/823284600

2. Tomball

Tomball Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I do not think so, I do not think he would have drilled dovetails and pad as shown. His workmanship is much better.

He did win today as single bidder L46 deluxe with same bottom metal he bid $500 for a couple weeks ago. It will show up again as there was some crazing and pad problem. I believe he bid $1000IIRC

3. tripledeuce

tripledeuce Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    It appears to be a custom stock. The top of comb looks to have a concave slant, factory is straight. Also, the rosewood tip slants to rear where my 48,xxx slants to muzzle.
    Curious what the bottom metal looks like.