• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Is this legit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14372
  • Start date

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hmmm
Me neither!
I have a hard time with the newer Sako Stocks, the European sweep and squared off cheekpiece are modern attributes along with the schabnell .. schn able..schnitzel, you know what I’m saying , forearm accent tip thang!
But , the AV action seems out of place and time.
The never say never doctrine must apply here , maybe some of the others will have a similar rifle to compare? I dunno

It is a good looking gun!

Hippie

Thanks man. If it’s legit it’s mine. I have a thing for 7 mm. I’ll wait to see what the tribe thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I am getting more photos from the seller.

Oh wow. Thanks. I’ll grab it!

Any idea when these were made?

The Tikka trigger?

The Tikka trigger?
About midway in the production of the A-series rifles Sako quit using its original #4 adjustable trigger and substituted a different trigger which either resembles or has the same origins as one Tikka uses, thus this later model trigger is often referred to as "the Tikka trigger".

Thanks. Did it get worse or better?

It is kind of curious that the stock has no crossbolt. An AV should have a crossbolt. I'd be interested to see if that pad is a Sako pad or an aftermarket item. I'm wondering if that could be a custom stock that looks a lot like a factory Sako Bavarian. On the other hand, I have seen photos of one or two AV 's with factory Bavarian style stocks. The single set trigger is a very rare feature on a Sako. If the gun is in fact a custom, it might have been installed by the builder.

In the meantime, here's an AV in 7x64 with conventional American-style furniture. In the photo with two rifles, it's the one on the top.
Rifle 1.JPG Rifle 2.JPG Rifle 3.JPG Rifle 4.JPG

Thanks Icebear. Seller wrote back and says it’s a factory pad.

Congrats! The 7x64 is probably the best of the 7mm big game hunting rounds. Americans, mysteriously, just had a hard time warming up to any Euro metric round, which is why they weren't imported.

Thanks! I can’t wait to get it and find a nice optic for her. Should be perfect for that mule deer hunt I am planning before I die!

She is in! Looks unfired. Not even scrapes on the feed ramp.
651327ae38b02bcb43ccd20bb69d79cc.jpg

0d715ab0422169078a157003fbbcde9e.jpg

Latest posts

Back