Is there any value to having consecutively numbered rifles

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by ricksengines, Mar 5, 2021.

1. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I just wanted to know if there is any value to having consecutively numbered Sako Rifles in the same caliber and configuration.

2. dustinga

dustinga Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Seems to me that the value would only be sentimental. Only to the owner. Apart they're just two rifles. But I'm new at this

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Consecutively numbered rifles could be made on the same day or ten years apart. A pair of the latter would be more interesting to me.

I take a personal interest in Sakos with the same serial number. I've acquired three (an L61R, an L46, and a P72 -- at least the last four numbers of the P72 are the same). There would be an L57 and a VL-63 out there somewhere with this number which I'd desperately like to find. But this is of value only to me, not to anyone else.

Speaking of same serial numbers, our factory records service was able to get a guy out of a bind a couple of years ago. It seems he had a .222 with the same serial number as a .243 which was stolen and used in a criminal activity. The police were looking mighty hard at him when he requested the factory records for both guns to prove that his was NOT the gun they were looking for but simply had the same serial number. Prior to that he hadn't been able to convince the cops that a manufacturer would produce two rifles with the same serial number.