Is there a removable trigger shoe on the Canjar set trigger?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks for gunsmithing your own Sako' started by Webphut, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Webphut

Webphut Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I ordered a couple of Canjar set triggers for my two Sako L461 6PPC's. I have not received them yet. I have only seen them on google images. I know I will need to modify my trigger inlet for them to be installed. I got to wondering if I could remove the trigger shoe, if this particular trigger model comes equipped with one. I am thinking if the trigger shoe is removable, maybe before and after installation I could remove and reinstall it so I would not need to open up the inlet for the trigger. I hate having to modify an already beautiful thing so this is why I ask.

If need be, then I will open up, but was just wondering.

2. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    I bought a New Old Stock L 579 - 2 Deluxe single stage trigger and tried to remove the shoe but that attachment pin is very small and very secure. But those are your only two options open up the trigger guard opening or remove the shoe. Granted, yours will be a bit more complex in reassembling.

3. Webphut

Webphut Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Ok, thank you. Opening the inlet it is then.

4. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Web......

See my last post.