• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Is anyone using the Valmet 412 Shooting system?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

powhatan42

Hello guys.

I like most of you are in love with guns from Finland. I have owned two Valmet 412 shotguns for over 25 years. One gun is an engraved 20 gauge which I recently had fitted. In fact I just got back from Skeet shooting with that 20 gauge, and I'm shooting much better now that the gun fits me! The second Valmet is a 412, which has multiple barrel sets, along with Trap stocks and a single Trap barrel.

The 412 system is a beautiful concept that works, and works well. I own several of the numerous barrel sets that Valmet offered. These are the double barrel sets that I have; 9.3X 74R, 30.06,.308/ 12, and 12/12 with choke sets.

Valmet also has a terrific scope mounting system that allows the scope to be removed and return back to zero every time.

What are you guys experiancing with the Valmet 412?

Thanks,

Glenn

Interesting Glenn -

Sounds like an excellent and versatile system. I must confess I know zero about your Valmets. Maybe a couple of nice photos for myself and other dummys?

Thanks, Dick

My cousin Kari went back to Finland one year to hunt with his team. He didn't wanna bother bringing his SAKO 75 Stainless there and back so when he got to Kurikka, he borrowed his brother's 412 shotgun and slapped his other cousi'n's .30-06 barrels on-it and was good to go.

Hayseed 51,

Ok here are some pictures of some recent stock fitting that I had done by a most competent stock fitter.
IMGP4145.jpg

IMGP4146.jpg

IMGP4150.jpg

IMGP4151.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Glenn

hayseed51,

Thanks!

The shotguns shoot so much better when they fit. We are to get a snowstorm tomorrow, so my shooting lesson will be postponed until next week.

Glenn

Posted a few pics of game I took in Africa with Valmet system/Tikka 512.
They are extremely versatile and dependable guns. I've owned many over the years ( I am an incurable trader) and have owned a dozen or so DR barrel sets and equal that in BBF configuration. A bout with cancer forced the sale of my last set...a double trigger Tikka 512 with 12/9,3X74R, 12/12. 9,3/9,3. The two rifled sets were scoped with low power Leupold variables.
I had hunted Africa and N America with the set, and it performed flawlessly.

This the DR and BBF set before I changed the fixed 4X with a 1-5 Leupold.

...The last animal taken with it...

...a White-bearded Wildebeest in Masailand, Tanzania. I went broke doing these things, but I would do it all over again if younger. ;)

bcsafari,

Nice! I have several 412's I should have stopped years ago, but like the rest of you guys, I had to fill up my safe. I use the 412 for everything from skeet shooting to shot gunning for deer. I also like the double 9.3 X 74 R, and the double 30.06...the least used barrel set in my State is the 12 gauge over .308. The combination of barrels and stocks are truely a great set-up that was overlooked by most hunters on this side of the pond. It took 20 years before I had the gun fitted properly, what a difference!

I also aspire to go to South Africa, my problem has been finding a shooting partner. Also the clock is ticking. I almost went last April, however it was not to be...I later failed my stress test in July. It was a good thing that I did not go on safari. now I workout daily, and I am in ready for whatever life brings.

Glenn

I know this post is old but My Valmet family has grown. I have .30-06/.30-06, 12ga/7x57R, 12/12, .300 Win Mag/.300 Win mag. and 2 barrel sets of 5.6x52R/12ga.

Hei poijat, this is my case. It was the first 412 I touched back in 2010 in Leamington Ontario, Canada. I had to pick-it up and move it off the counter at Leamington Guns. I said "Manfred, what the hell is in here, it's so heavy!" Manfred, grhgs, said "read what it says on the box!"

Attachments

• 20240116_180648.jpg
    20240116_180648.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 14
Oops, disregard 3rd pic. My receiver,186, same as box. As I got it it was 12/12,.223/12,.30-06/.30-06.

Attachments

• 20240117_152737.jpg
    20240117_152737.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240117_151936.jpg
    20240117_151936.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240117_132805.jpg
    20240117_132805.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 4
Back