Info required

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Deon, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Deon

Deon Member

Country Flag:
    South Africa
    State/Region:
    other
    I need help to identify my SAKO. Its a 7mm Rem Mag and I believe its the Anniversary edition finnbear?

Would like to get the manufacturing date for it and just some general info regarding it.

Attached is some picture of it. Got the rifle form my father in law..

Attached Files:

ricksengines likes this.

2. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    From the pictures it does not appear to be an anniversary edition but instead a customized. rifle

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    More and better photos are needed to more accurately identify your rifle, but as Marlin92 says, it is definitely not a Golden Anniversary model. The stock is certainly custom, as may be the iron sights.

4. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    And the front dovetail is drilled and tapped. Back probably also.

5. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Appears to be an extravagant and expensive extension of some ones personal desire for a one of a kind custom. Too lovely to end up as a shooter. It definitely is in a class of its own and would be very difficult to recover the investment cost. I certainly would enjoy knowing the history of this rifle. I wonder if it was originally a European special order presentation rifle that was a carry over to Africa. The serial number would at least tell its approximate date of origin. It does show some misuse considering its original cost. Sakojim.

6. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Maybe a Bavarian style customized Sako

7. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Looks like the work was done by or for a German. They love that oak leaf design, and the schnabel forend also suggests Germany. That's a beautiful piece of wood, but what's been done with it, while it reflects superlative craftsmanship, isn't to my taste. Pity about the holes in the bridges. Maybe for some kind of pivot mount. A carefully selected mount will cover the holes. The sights look like original Sako, European market.