info on sako pre garcia forester deluxe 243 blonde wood never fired

Discussion in 'Valuation Corner' started by alec garcia, Jul 18, 2012.

1. alec garcia

alec garcia New Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    hi im new to forum . and would like some info on a rifle i just inherited! by the way my hunting rifle is a sako 85 finnlight lone wolf stock stainless , in 270 short mag .with a kahles scope. i just love this rugged hunting rifle.!!!!
    ok the beauty i inherited from my father is a sako pre garcia deluxe forester in 243 with beautiful blond wood . Its still in the original box and paperwork and plastic .
    It is brand new never fired in just perfect condition . my questiion would be to u hard core sako enthusiasts would be what is the value of this rifle?

2. bloorooster

bloorooster Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    alec...Welcome to the SCC! Congrats on owning two of the finest rifles you could ever dream of. Your Fathers Pre-Garcia rifle sounds very interesting, and if its unfired and in the original box and plastic will be of the highest possible value. With this being said, before any one could even start to valuate the gun , we will need some more info. Good pictures will greatly assist in assessing its value.

You mention that it has a blonde stock, does it have dark (rosewood) accent pieces on the forearm and pistol gripcap? Does it have a hard, black butt plate or Taupe or greyish tan rubber recoil pad? These points are important as it distinguishes a Standard sporter from a Deluxe sporter...Also include the serial number of your gun, not the entire number ,just the first 3 digits will do, with this we can find a reasonably close "Born Date".

Again I welcome you, and please feel free to join in anytime with any questions or commentary, we all love these wonderful rifles and very much enjoy talking bout them...~Bloorooster

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Hello Alec,

Post a few pictures. I'm sure you will be guided in the right direction when some members can see what you have.

S-A

4. alec garcia

alec garcia New Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    sako description 243 never fired

it is a deluxe . has darker wood in forearm and pistol grip cap. has engraving in trigger guard and extractor. the last 3 digits are 886 . the butt plate reddish brown rubber . dont know how to post the pic i can text or email them if u wish.

5. alec garcia

alec garcia New Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    ok messed up the first 3 digits are 100

6. bloorooster

bloorooster Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    alec...you can use the "go advanced" feature on the bottom right corner of the "quick reply" window...scroll down the page to "manage attachments". From there you can upload pictures...try to keep the pictures around 100-150KB or so...2-5 mega-pixels....or you can use web-share sites like photobucket or snapfish...

A new in the box Deluxe will bring a premium, but a .243 win caliber is THE most common, which settles the price back down...rare guns in rare calibers will command higher prices. Your ser# 100xxx is right at the transition point between Firearms International and Garcia as importers go, so your rifle should date around 1971-72...Look on the underside of your unfired barrel, just ahead of the forearm, most likely there will be a importers etching showing the name of one or the other...If your rifle is new in the box than you may be able to look on the box as well to find the importers name...does it still have all the paperwork that came in the packaging, Hang tags and such?~Bloo

7. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Alec

Any pre-garcia deluxe 243 NIB . . . with papers . . . no rust . . . . Min = $1400.00 Max = $1850.00

8. eddsako

eddsako Banned

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    I CONCOUR WITH eMOTSTEHW HE IS VERY ACCURATE. tHAT IS WHAT I WOULD EXPECT IN THE CURRENT MARKET.-*******

9. alec garcia

alec garcia New Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    sako 243 pre garcia never fired

Thanks Bloorooster for Info . it does have the tages, bill of sale , and all paperwork. I would have to go back to my parents safe and see what marks on the barrel to check importer box info . problem is i just left for a week and wont have that info till i get back. eitherway ill take have my laptop with me just to check forum thanks