I lost my bolts for my Sako Rifles

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by WahjuT, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MykieG

MykieG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Thanks for the info I just got a line on a L579 Colt Coltman in 308 that I really like ... so that may work out. It's pricey, but not unreasonable $1100, and the owner is interested in a piece that I have in my vault. so .......... I just need to make sure the bolt is compatible and to see an estimate for headspacing the cost of headspacing Thanks for the info , it definitely was helpful Mike

2. MykieG

MykieG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    BTW - I reached out to " Angrygod " he hasn't gotten back to me yet, I'll keep all the info in mind when I speak with him and to myself as well LOL I spoke with The Custom Shop via phone, because they didn't return any of my emails, they were " Less than pleasant " on the phone that I contacted them I wasn't pleased that I would have to do business with them, glad that didn't have to come about

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I've seen a number of Sako bolts interchanged and the headspace was always within tolerance. I doubt you'll have any difficulties with a bolt from another L579.

4. MykieG

MykieG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    i'm hoping.... i think if i stay with a 243 or 308 it should be ok thanks for the advice

5. Old Hippie

Old Hippie Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    FLT likes this.
  6. lord frith

lord frith Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Belize
    State/Region:
    US Washington
    "...by switching the bolt from one rifle to the other." finally.
    S

7. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    My advice is to stay far away from angrygod. That guy is a real nitnoid to deal with and the experience is simply not worth the aggravation.

rick

8. MykieG

MykieG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    I was able to locate a host of parts for my L579 - I only need the firing pin assembly, so I going to offer the rest for sale, I thought I would post through the Collector Club first ( if thats permitted ) - so many people were helpful. I have a L579 receiver, stripped bolt, and trigger assembly at the very least. I want to sell it as a complete lot, if it's not allowed here, I will put in on Gunbroker . I will start a new thread if permitted Thanks to everyone that offered their thoughts and advice it was very helpful

9. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Of course! There is a special section on the forum called "SCC Trade Corner" just for that purpose. Just be sure to post the price you are asking. Pictures are always helpful.

10. MykieG

MykieG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Thanks thats perfect I'll have it up next week after a get some decent photos