I lost my bolts for my Sako Rifles

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by WahjuT, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MykieG

MykieG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Thanks for the info I just got a line on a L579 Colt Coltman in 308 that I really like ... so that may work out. It's pricey, but not unreasonable $1100, and the owner is interested in a piece that I have in my vault. so .......... I just need to make sure the bolt is compatible and to see an estimate for headspacing the cost of headspacing Thanks for the info , it definitely was helpful Mike

2. MykieG

MykieG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    BTW - I reached out to " Angrygod " he hasn't gotten back to me yet, I'll keep all the info in mind when I speak with him and to myself as well LOL I spoke with The Custom Shop via phone, because they didn't return any of my emails, they were " Less than pleasant " on the phone that I contacted them I wasn't pleased that I would have to do business with them, glad that didn't have to come about

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I've seen a number of Sako bolts interchanged and the headspace was always within tolerance. I doubt you'll have any difficulties with a bolt from another L579.

4. MykieG

MykieG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    i'm hoping.... i think if i stay with a 243 or 308 it should be ok thanks for the advice