Finnwolf VL63 I have never seen a Finnwolf like this before

Discussion in 'Sako Finnwolf VL63 lever actions' started by Robert Offersen, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Robert Offersen

Robert Offersen Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    I am a newbie to this forum and am looking for some help. I picked this up yesterday. Absolutely beautiful (and seemingly unfired) Sake Finnwolf in .243 Win cal. The stock is carved with an oak leaf/acorn pattern similar to the old Browning Olympian grade rifles. All of the metal parts are mirror blued. Non-Sako recoil pad (Pachmayr). No screw holes for either front or rear sights. I am at a total loss as I have never seen a Finnwolf like this before. Any assistance in identifying this fine rifle would be really appreciated. IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0260.JPG

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    The stock is a custom job, not from the factory. The gold colored inlay in the stampings was also done post factory. If it had sights at one time they were soldered on. My guess is it was reblued as well. You have a custom built rifle on a Finnwolf barreled action. It's appeal would be in the eye of the beholder, as carvings & inlays on stocks tend to be a love it or hate it thing.

Robert Offersen likes this.
  3. Robert Offersen

Robert Offersen Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    Thank you for your response and info. I'm on the "love it" side of the equation. I am not disappointed, as I paid less than $1800 for it and it appears to have the original lubrication in the action/barrrel and non-exposed outside metal. The boltface is perfectly clean, as new. So I do feel a bit more comfortable now, cleaning it up, slapping a scope on it and heading for the range/woods this Fall.