I am considering selling my sako 270 mannlicher carbine model avlh.

Discussion in 'Valuation Corner' started by Rod S., Mar 29, 2019.

1. Rod S.

Rod S. Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    This rifle has never been hunted, only occasionally taken to the local range. Barrel length is 19 1/4 inches (muzzle to bolt face) and there is no import stamp. The stock has an oil finish. The left hand action is very rare in a Sako mannlicher carbine. Any input much appreciated. LeftHandSako270.jpeg LeftHandSako270a.jpeg LeftHandSako270c.jpeg LeftHandSako270b.jpeg

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    The scope is mounted way to high to afford a good cheek weld. It's always better to sell a rifle sans scope anyway. No matter what scope you have on it a buyer will want something to his own liking, so he's not going to pay what your scope could bring. Better to sell them separately. Mounts are too high for the rifle, so best to take them off too. A Mannlicher in 270 has a very limited market of buyers. A long range medium game cartridge in a short handy woods rifle is kind of an oxymoron. I'm sure the left handed thing will bring interest from southpaws looking for a very nice rifle. Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    CVCOBRA1 likes this.