I’m new to SCC and of course I have a question

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Ykcor, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Ykcor

Ykcor Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oklahoma
    I bought this used Finnbear a few years ago, it’s 30-06 with a 4 digit serial beginning with the #9. Also it doesn’t have the high gloss blued finish of my other Sakos, it’s more of a mat or anodized. I thought maybe it had been refinished but all the lettering and proof marks are sharp. Any discussion on this would be appreciated. Check out the pics. Also I blanked out the serial number just to be safe.

Attached Files:

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The photos didn't show up, but if it has a matte finish then the original finish has been redone or modified. It could have been bead blasted, or the refinisher could have been properly careful with polishing around the stampings so that they remained sharp.

3. Ykcor

Ykcor Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oklahoma
    I gave it another try and the pics are up now

4. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    A rifle that shoots sub-MOA with any box of shells you grab off the shelf & opens up to 1.5" groups after the barrel gets hot is totally unacceptable. How on earth are going to hit a charging whitetail with your 5th shot? It's a matter of life & death, so it's best you just send the rifle to me so I can properly dispose of it. There is no charge for this service, as I just want everyone to be safe!!

susanna and Bernie’s Dad like this.