Huge Winchester Display

Discussion in 'Other brands' started by L61R, Feb 5, 2019.

1. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Hey guys!

Just came across this cool advertising Winchester made of wood, board and sheet metal,

Apparently it´s 400 centimeters or approx 158 inches long!

Would be cool in my man cave but not the right brand, but I am tempted anyway.

Jim winchester.JPG

Rocky likes this.

2. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Go for it Jim! We have a lot of peer pressure to declare Sako the best, less we get hammered for talking about Remchesters or other brands. However, I do like and chase certain other brand rifles, I just don't consider them on the same level as Sako unless they are a Sako action Browning. I guess I have a weakness for certain other fine rifles. Thank goodness Sako didn't make shotguns on the same level as a Browning Superposed Superlight, or I might not have had the passion I have for the Superlights.

3. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Here is a picture of guns I will never sell.

Attached Files:

Unclekax and ricksengines like this.
  4. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    Sakos are just a part of what I like about guns. My first love is and always has been the guns of the American West. I have a bunch of old Winchesters, Sharps, Colts, Whitney Kennedys, Burgess, Marlin and others. Here are some saddle ring carbines...

DSCN5135.JPG

Rocky, Paul B., susanna and 1 other person like this.
  5. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    Here are some Colts...

DSCN4308.JPG DSCN4309.JPG DSCN4311.JPG

Rocky likes this.
  6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Neat old guns Kirk.

How fast are you on the draw?

7. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Crest
    Good Afternoon Sako Lovers,

Yes we all so love our Sako's, although there are other " Classic " rifles around. For instance - I own a .243 Win. Brno ZKK 601 Model made in 1968, which is in " Mint " condition { A Sleeper } The Brno rifle is every thing and more than a Sako of the same year. 1/ Poldi steel equal to Bofors steel 2/ A Flip - Up rear sight integral with the rear dovetail 3/ Barrel with sling - swivel band 4/ Interchangable elements in banded front - sight 5/Mauser - extractor 6/ Classic walnut stock with finely executed chequering. 7/ Folding rear sight in barrel band 8/ Wood to Metal fit is Suberb with NO gaps. The Brno ZKK 600, 601, and 602 were made from 1966 to the 1980's. As with so many rifles companies the quality dropped off after around the mid 1970's. Two of the cuts was eliminating the Pop - Up peep sight integral with the rear dovetail & moving the barrel band sling swivel to the forend of the stock. These and many more cuts cheapened a once " Classic " rifle. Please check these fine rifles out on the internet. There is a review of these fine rifles in the 1969 Gun Digest.

Blackjack