Howdy from Texas

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by BaconRind, May 10, 2019.

1. BaconRind

BaconRind Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Good Afternoon,

I've been a reader of this forum for a while and thought today would be a good day to sign up. I'm an owner of a handful of the infamous O'Brien/Ackley rifles, some handed down and some purchased. I wish I knew more about them other than they are absolutely beautiful and extremely hazardous to small game. I'm here hoping somebody(likely Kevin) can enlighten me on some details of what I own, some additional history and some advice on value. The value is for insurance purposes. I have some old literature that was said to come with the rifles when they were purchased new, I cannot confirm this to be true.

I guess I better tell y'all about myself. I'm originally from Mertzon, a small town west of San Angelo. I now reside in College Station, my wife has multiple degrees from A&M and that ultimately brought us back here. I spent over a decade chasing oil rigs, I walked away from the rigs and I'm now a stay at home dad of three kids(4,2,1) with another coming in August. I'm an avid hunter, enjoy spending time on my ranch and chasing elk in any state I can get a tag and find the time. I love firearms, mainly old Winchesters but I do find myself coming back to these smaller rifles that my dad loved so much.

Looking forward to hearing more about my rifles.

Thank y'all
    Trey Clark

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Several guys here with the O'Brian & H&R Ultra Wildcat bug that can enlighten you. ricksengine is another one that may chime in about them.

3. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I'm already on it. Just really great rifles.

rick

4. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Deleted. Posted before I saw photos on another thread.

Last edited: May 11, 2019