Hi from Nevada

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Ralph Ray, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Ralph Ray

Ralph Ray Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nevada
    I have used this forum for answers to research for guns that I own and have purchased. I really enjoy all of the great information that is available here. I currently own four Sako rifles. I purchased my first Sako Finnbear L61R 7mm Mag in 1977, I purchased a AIII mannlicher 30-06 in mid 90's, also have my dad's Finnbear from early 70's Finnbear 7mm mag, then I just picked up a Sako AIII super deluxe 300 win. mag. in mint condition and never fired unfortunately no box. The last one, I purchased thanks to information I researched on this forum. Thank you.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Sounds like you're assembling a very nice bevy of Sakos. Congratulations! All are in larger hunting calibers, so you might enjoy also owning one of the smaller caliber Sakos. I call the L461 the "Royal Princess" of bolt actions. If you should come by one of those (a "Vixen") you won't settle for owning just one.

3. Ralph Ray

Ralph Ray Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nevada
    Thanks for the advise. I have been looking for a 243 caliber. The finnbear I got from my dad was a Christmas present from my mom. It was purchased from a Wonder World store in Las Vegas early 70's. My mom bought it because she thought it was pretty (its a deluxe), my dad was fortunate. I got my first Finnbear in 1978. That all it took to get me hooked on Sako as they are the most accurate rifles I own. The Super Deluxe that I picked up 2 days ago was listed locally. The kids father had given it to him and was on the phone trying to talk his son in to not selling it. I told him his father was correct he should keep it. They had it for nearly 40 years and had never fired the gun. He sold it anyway. It is the most beautiful guns in my collection. I will be on the lookout for the Vixen.

Attached Files:

Unclekax likes this.
  4. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Congratulations Ralph. A very exceptional rifle. I sincerely hope that you are able to someday pass this on to a deserving and appreciative son that will show more sense than the person that you bought it from. Sakojim.