• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hey from Wagga

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Arn09

G'day All,

Shayne from Wagga Wagga in Australia, (nickname Arn or Shack), just do a bit of small bore bench shooting with my P94S with a Range stock. New to the sport.

Look forward to learning a bit from you all.

Cheers

Hey Shayne and welcome to club!
The P94 Range model should be boring as hell.;)
I have one in a Sporter stock , it shoots a ragged bug hole . Even with nasty Remington thunderbolts, it’s hard to get a flyer!
Enjoy the forum, lots of knowledge here, good folks too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with nasty Remington thunderbolts,
Worst .22 ammo ever! :eek: I got a big load of that stuff once at what seemed like a great price - and it's Remington,right? Gotta be good ammo. Nothing but malfunctions in my semiautos. I thought a Ruger 10/22 would eat anything - nope. Failures to feed, failures to eject, you name it. Filthy dirty. Wouldn't even chamber in one target pistol. Finally used it up plinking with a revolver.

I've found Remington rimfire ammunition to consistently be inferior to most. Among other experiences, I had a "hiccup" once with a brand new .22 autoloader which broke part of the bolt mechanism. When I sent it in the company asked for a photo of the ammunition box from which the ammunition I was using at the time the problem occurred. When I sent them a photo of the box of Remingtons they replied that the problem was the ammunition and they would fix the rifle for about what I paid for it. I told them to box it up and send it back to me so I could dump it in my own trash bin.

I still am not sure it was the fault of the ammunition, but this is only one of the issues I've experienced with Remington rimfire fodder.

Welcome to the club Shayne. Hope your rifle gives you plenty of fun. Don't worry about these blokes going off on a tangent, they might not like Remington Thunderbolts but they can give you plenty of info on Sakos. Enjoy.

Tangent?
Yes…we do occasionally swerve , but we stay close to the berm.
The P 94s is an excellent example of Sako’s modern rimfire. The P 04 is the next step up with 4 caliber choices and interchangeable pipes.
The P 46 and 54 , which started it all for Sako rimfires are showing up more and more here in the states . They have been joyfully accepted.
You lucky blokes in Oz have been blessed to enjoy these little gems for much longer than us. Do you own and shoot any of the older Sako rimfires?
What ammo choices work best in Oz?

kind regards!
Bloo

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day All,

Shayne from Wagga Wagga in Australia, (nickname Arn or Shack), just do a bit of small bore bench shooting with my P94S with a Range stock. New to the sport.

Look forward to learning a bit from you all.

Cheers
Hi mate. I am from Melbourne and have a P94S varmint. Love it ! Use it at my club Monday evening sport rifle shoot.

Welcome, now I can say I met someone from Wagga! I will let the Remington .22 bashing go as I really only ever use-it for hunting and have not tried target shooting with it. I love their Subsonics and Yellowjackets.

Latest posts

Back