1. Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim
    Dismiss Notice

Help with stocks that fit an L691 action

Discussion in 'Sako Long/Magnum Actions' started by Lowlander, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Lowlander

Lowlander Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maryland
    Hello all, I am in need of some knowledge/advice. I built a rifle a few years back on an L691 action with a .473" bolt face in 6.5-06 improved 40°. Nice rig with a PacNor super match stainless 1:8 twist #5, Vais Break, HS Precision stock. She was one of the finnbear actions made for magnum research and I bought three of them when they discontinued them. Sooooo, I have 2 NIB, in the white, .532" bolt face actions that I am wanting to build finally (2 kids, so these would be their forever rifles). I have discovered in my searches that BOTH Mcmillan and HS Precision are not listing this action as one their stocks will accommodate any longer.

Where can I find a stock to fit these rifles? I know Boyds makes them, but I am partial to synthetic/fiberglass stocks that are structurally rigid and can be camo or "mcswirly" in their appearance with either bedding blocks or aluminum pillars installed.

Thanks ahead of time for any answers.

I would also be interested in New Old Stock form either of the manufacturers listed above, since Cerakote can make any color combination possible.

2. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Definitivley, I really hesitate to say. I would call those potentials and ask them. I wouldn't want to mess with a new McMillan just because of the possible subtle differences in the L691 and the L61R. And I might add, those differences may not be so subtle for some.