Help with sharpshooter medals?

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by L61R, Jul 18, 2021.

1. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Hey Guys!

Came across these when scavenging the great interwebs for Sakos and other stuff.

The Swedish auction house only labeled them as U.S. medals but I haven’t got a clue if they are legit or what you had to achieve to be presented with one of these? Says Sterling silver so probably okay but do we have any military marksmen out there who can tell me more? Age, and preferably what it took to be awarded one or all? And value of course.

So hit me!

Jim
    91E71690-8123-4AD3-BE80-BEB7C86BADDB.jpeg

2. cat9

cat9 Well-Known Member

3. Bucktote

Bucktote Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Hi Jim,
    They look genuine. I'll try to copy them as I have several medals from my Dad. He was on the Governors Staff for 7 years and was a "Sharp shooter" in the 102nd Engineers. My uncle Pete shot" Expert",They competed @ Camp Perry in the 1930s. Too bad not enough rubbed off on me!! I am computer challenged, so if I have trouble sending them to you how can I get them to you ? Please advise. B/T

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  4. Bucktote

Bucktote Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    L61-R,
    I am trying to attach the pics. from my wife's phone, Sorry Jim can't seem to get it done, But the ones you posted look to be ligit ! Hope this helps.

5. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Thanks guys!

I saw the wikipedia article but it is always nicer to learn directly from you members.

Will not buy them (I think!) but I always love to learn more about the world.

Jim