Sako Help Please

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Dej24u, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Dej24u

Dej24u Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    Hello from Ohio USA
    So I have a Sako but have no idea what model it is or when it was made and would very much like to get as much info about it as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    Dave

Attached Files:

Chinese Bandit likes this.

2. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    What you have is Sako deluxe in 300 Win mag with an enomonstrous recoil pad that someone added to the butt. It was before they made the hideous model 75 with the ugly proboscis sticking out of the back of the 75 bolt. A very nice gun other than the recoil pad...

dgeesaman likes this.
  3. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Can’t say the exact year but it’s a Deluxe 75. Production from 97-06. The V indicates action length. 75’s were not marked with the model number. It has an internal magazine with a hinged Deluxe floor plate. A few other 75 models had the hinged floor plate as well. The standard models had a removable magazine, like the current 85’s

The pad is obviously an aftermarket replacement. Unfortunately not a very good choice. Someone must have been recoil sensitive or needed the extra length.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  4. Dej24u

Dej24u Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio

Any idea where I can find the original style pad. I’ve come up short everywhere I’ve checked.

5. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    There’s some “original style” pads available on eBay from the ********** for $129.99, or you can buy direct from the ********** website. I have not purchased anything from them.

$129.99 is triple the cost of a nice Decelerator or similar pad. There are a few that are a close resemblance of an original. A lot of folks prefer going this route rather than paying out that kind of money for a reproduction. You’ll also need to have any pad properly fitted at an extra cost.

6. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Get a Pachmayr F325 Deluxe in brown (without white line) from Midway for $29.99. It is grind to fit and looks like OEM sans the Sako on the end of the butt pad.

Not sure about that 75 but these do match the L61's. Does that 75 have the red pad like the AV?

7. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    You are correct, the 75 Deluxe would have had a red pad with a black spacer, but those are non existent these days. I agree, the pad you suggested is a good option. As we know, about the only way to purchase a pad which says Sako is to pay that ridiculous price.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020