• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Help identify Custom Stock

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I just purchased this stock from another site. It was advertised to fit an AV but it's not a perfect fit for mine. It would fit without much work-just would need to trim out the magazine area. I'll probably keep it but can anyone tell me what Sako model it is for? The seller thought it may be a "Flaigs" custom stock. Thanks in advance. The pictures are of my original stock which is very open in the magazine area next to the custom stock which has more wood in that area. All other areas will fit fin-barrel, bolt, etc. _DSC4018.JPG _DSC4017.JPG _DSC4015.JPG

In the top photo your factory stock is on the right? It looks like someone has removed the wood bridge between the magazine well hole and the hole that the trigger passes through. My guess is it split or broke, and rather that fix it the decision was made to remove it. My understanding is that this is not ideal.

Marcus

The factory stock is on the right in the top photo and of course fits my AV well. I don't think it's been altered. The stock on the left in top photo is the one I'm trying to identify. My AV will not drop into it. My replacement McMillen stock is open in the well like the original and fits my AV well.

Both stocks are inletted for the AV action. The difference is your factory stock is for a very late AV(post 1989) that had a different trigger & trigger guard. The custom is for an AV with the Sako #4 trigger & the earlier trigger guard. The McMillen with fit all the AV's as will your factory one, but your custom must be modified to fit the later AV. The custom is obviously the superior stock, both aesthetically & structurally.

Thank you Paul for your answer. That makes perfect sense now. I may just try to carefully trim it out and use it on my "late AV". Do you feel value-wise the custom stock fitted to my AV would make it worth more than having the original stock on it? Not that I'll ever sell it but I may try to sell the original stock. Thanks again and have a great New Year!

Latest posts

Back