1. XTrooper

XTrooper Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Hello! I just joined the forum this afternoon because yesterday I purchased the first Sako rifle I've owned since I bought an L461 Vixen in .222 Remington back in the seventies. It was a great little rifle which I enjoyed a lot before I sold it and moved onto something else (something I've done scores of times over the decades). This new Sako is a Bavarian Carbine in .308 Winchester. It's a beautiful rifle as well as being light and handy. I'm looking forward to getting to the range and the field with it.
    A little background on myself: I am a former US Marine having served in the Corps from 1969 to 1971. After that, I had a few truck-driving jobs before I got a job with the Camden (NJ) Ambulance Squad as an EMT. While laid off from the squad (Camden was always broke), I took the test for the NJ Highway Patrol. I was one of the lucky few who were accepted into the academy and was appointed an Inspector in the HP and later promoted to the rank of Sergeant. In 1984, the NJHP was merged into the NJ State Police. I retired from the NJSP in 1991. I then moved to what had been my vacation home located in Hardy County, WV where I had a gun shop for six years. In 1998 I then moved to Pennsylvania and have been living here in the mountains of NEPA ever since. I have been an avid gun enthusiast ever since I handled my first real firearm, the M14 issued to me as a recruit going through (surviving) Marine boot camp at Parris Island, SC. I'm happy to be aboard!

2. tripledeuce

tripledeuce Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    Happy to have you aboard XTrooper. My first Sako was an L46 in .222 and also ended selling it. That was the begining of years of collecting. Get ready to learn and enjoy the world of fine Sako rifles. Your Bavarian is a great start. We all love pics and stories. Thank you for your service to country and community.

XTrooper likes this.
  3. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    ...and we are happy to have you! We love pics and range reports on this site, so come back and post often. thanks for your military and public service !

DeerGoose

XTrooper likes this.
  4. XTrooper

XTrooper Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Thanks for the welcome, fellas! I'll be posting photos of it as soon as I get an opportunity to take some.

5. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Thank You for your service to our great nation.

rick

XTrooper likes this.
  6. XTrooper

XTrooper Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Thank you for caring, Rick.