Hello from Tucson

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Richard Valencia, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Richard Valencia

Richard Valencia Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    New to the forum. My father passed me down his Sako L61r .264 wm serial # 12xxx and ive been browsing the site for information and decided to join. I look forward to learning more about my rifle and also sharing my experiences with it.

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Congrats. You've got an early one, does it have Bofors Steel stamped on the barrels right side just in front of the action? I don't know if its because of the 6.5 craze the last few years but the .264 Sako are bringing a good penny. Esp if it has a 26 in barrel, even though I suspect you wont sell yours.

3. Richard Valencia

Richard Valencia Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Yes on the Bofors stamp on the right side. Its a shorter barrel and yeah, shes a keeper. It needs a new stock, so ive been searching with not much luck. If you see anything or have any suggestions i would appreciate it. Thank you!