6mmPPC Hello from OK

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Matthew Thomas, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Matthew Thomas

Matthew Thomas Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oklahoma
    Hey all, I recently acquired a Sako A1 or at least what I can identify it as. I could use some additional information on the rifle (pics included) as I'm new to the sako world. Any help is appreciated. It's chambered in 6 ppc USA IMG_20201101_142328.jpg IMG_20201101_142325.jpg

2. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Looks like it might be a sporter. Could use a few more pix-Full length, both sides, bottom with floor plate, barrel markings...
    Appears to have beautiful grain.

Gary

3. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    As it has a normal serial number & not a special numbering one like the single shot target PPC's, yours "appears" to be a standard AI repeater chambered in 6 PPC. That also means it has the standard Sako #4 trigger & not the externally adjustable target trigger like the single shot does. My only doubt is that the barrel, from what I can make out from the limited pics, looks to be a little heavy for a sporter model. As gowya said, more detailed pics would be helpful.

4. Matthew Thomas

Matthew Thomas Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oklahoma
    I meant to do this a week ago but here are more pictures of it. It does not have the adjustable trigger and the barrel profile seems to be of a sporter style.

Attached Files:

5. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Yep......looks just like one that I re-barrelled to a 17PPC, many years ago.

Nice coyote rifle.

gowyo likes this.
  6. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Screenshot_20201112-110733_Facebook.jpg Yep.

kevinlg and Matthew Thomas like this.