Hello From Northern Ireland !

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Tom Robb, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Tom Robb

Tom Robb Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    IR Down
    Have a Sako A2 in 22-250 that stuns me every-time I use it as it is so accurate: great looking rifle too.

David Campbell likes this.

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Is your rifle a sporter or a varmint model? What type of shooting/hunting do you have in Northern Ireland? Are Sakos common there or are you the rare exception? Welcome to our forum!!!

3. Tom Robb

Tom Robb Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    IR Down
    Its a standard "Forrester" A2 model. I bought it on the internet from a Scottish Estate where it was used to control foxes and crows. It's an old rifle that has seen use, but I love it. Have a 3 X 9 Nikon on top and have used it in a Target mode on paper out to 600 yards with breathtaking accuracy.
    Northern Ireland is not that big so hunting here is basically deer, all game birds and rough shooting. The deer are well controlled and all on estates. I would do a lot of pistol shooting too, especially action type.
    Sako's would be quite common here and very well thought of.
    Thank you for such a swift response.

4. Thomas Robb

Thomas Robb Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    IR Down
    Now got a matching pair of SAKO A 75's in 308 and 222 Rem, Love them dearly.

5. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Yes. Welcometo our forum!!

ChrisA

6. Thomas Robb

Thomas Robb Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    IR Down
    Thank You !

was using my SAKO A 75 308 at 300, 500 and 600 yards on Saturday. What a rifle !!! Incredible MOA accuracy.