• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello from Namibia

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

My name is Josh.

I grew up with a Sako Finnbear chambered in .243 Win. Still the mist accurate hunting gun Ive ever shot.

However I recently acquired a Sako 75 Hunter in 375hh.

I got to inaugurate the rifle about 3 weeks ago with a cull hunt to a friends farm where we successfully dispatched 2 giraffes and 2 Zebras.

Looking forward to connecting with many on this forum.

Good to hear from a place I've always wanted to visit. Been all over Eastern and Southern Africa but never made it to Namibia.

I didn't know anybody hunted giraffes. Are they good eating, or were you just thinning an overpopulated herd? I don't need to ask about zebras, I've had zebra meat and it's delicious when properly prepared.

Welcome, Trekker!

I was in Namibia in June of 2019, my second trip there, and always enjoyable. But boy, was it dry, especially in the South! Have you had any relief from the drought yet? Probably not, since your culling was likely due to the need to reduce animal numbers.

With your Sako .243 and .375 you're set for anything Africa has to offer.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

yes 2019 was an incredibly dry year but we had an amazing rain season from Nov 19- April 2020 so you wouldnt recognize the place.

giraffe are not generally regarded as the best meat for eating “straight” but for any processed meats, sausages, salamis, etc they have some of the best meat.

although we had a great rain season we still need to manage #s as a large herd can wreak havoc! This area definitely has too many and so it was necessary to thin the numbers.

if you want to come hunt again, I can put you in contact with a good friend and PH and I guarantee youll have an incredible hunt!

1D813327-D869-4B15-90DA-F992474F36C7.jpeg 013EEE91-FB49-498A-A57B-4308ABC5E70F.jpeg

Glad to hear that Namibia has had some rain!

That's a Hartmann's (Mountain) zebra, correct? Most people don't realize that they are completely different animals from the plains zebra and Namibia is one of the very few places to take one. Where in the country did you take these animals?

Glad to hear that Namibia has had some rain!

That's a Hartmann's (Mountain) zebra, correct? Most people don't realize that they are completely different animals from the plains zebra and Namibia is one of the very few places to take one. Where in the country did you take these animals?
That’s absolutely right. Its a Hartmans and also my first Zebra. Their skins are better trophies than the plains Zebra in my opinion. I shot it on my friends, a PH, farm near Kamanjab

The hartebeest and warthog are especially good looking (if you can call either of the rather homely beasts "good looking":p) Thanks for posting. We all love hunting photos.

I don't think I've ever seen that much grass in Namibia. Glad it finally rained!

My most recent trip to Namibia I hunted with the guide's suppressed .270 Musgrave with a full length barrel. I didn't find the extra length to be a problem, and hunting with a suppressed rifle is so much more civilized.

Back