Hello from Douglasville Georgia

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Ed Kachnic, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Ed Kachnic

Ed Kachnic Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Hello Everyone,

I have owned my Finnwolf 308 since 1974. I have hunted just every year since then for Elk, Deer, and Hogs more recently. I am in the process of refinishing the barrel and stock for a second time. As mentioned on other posts I am in the belly of the beast trying to reassemble it. Does anyone know where there are any videos or instructions? Thanks in advance.

2. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Good luck! The Finnwolf is notoriously difficult to reassemble and many gunsmiths won't touch one. If you find anything, please post it so others can have the benefit. I sold mine years ago, partially because I was afraid that if anything went wrong with it, I'd never get it fixed. I'm pretty good at fixing stuff but the Finnwolf's reputation was intimidating. And sure enough, the friend who bought it from me had a problem and had a devil of a time finding a smith with Finnwolf expertise. Too bad, it was a real tack driver.

3. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Ed welcome aboard if you have specific questions you can PM me and I can probably assist as I have disassembled a few and put them back together.

4. Ed Kachnic

Ed Kachnic Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Thanks for the offer of help. After several hours last evening I was able to get it back together. I am not sure exactly the proper technique, but once I finally finished I wish I had documented how I did it because I really don't want to take it apart again!

Norway.375 likes this.
  5. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Ed congrats

Norway.375 likes this.