Hello all. Just joined SCC. I’m Dano222 from Cumberland, Vancouver Island.

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Dano222, May 18, 2020.

1. Dano222

Dano222 Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Hello all. Just joined your group. I’m Dano222 from Cumberland, Vancouver Island.

2. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arkansas
    Hi Dano222, With a name like that I would assume that you have a Sako in 222 or 222RM. You have come to the right place to find out anything Sako, just read or ask a question an one of the many experts will reply. Welcome, Wayne

3. Dano222

Dano222 Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Hi Wayne, thanks for the welcome. Yes I do shoot a Sako Vixen in .222. It’s a fine L461 action, have owned this gun for about 35 years. It’s topped with an Unertl 8 power optic.

4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Dano, you're the second recent new member from Vancouver Island. What a fantastic place!

5. Dano222

Dano222 Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Hey Stonecreek. Yes VI is a great place. Born and raised here. I’m fortunate. Hell of a long way from the Texas hills. Travelled through your state in the late ‘70’s from Brownsville, San Antonio, , Abilene, Lubbock, etc..

6. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Brownsville to Lubbock -- that's only an 800 mile trip or so, just a small walkabout in Texas. There's a story -- close enough to true -- that a company in Chicago had a sales representative covering Texas. The boss in Chicago called his sales rep, who was in Brownsville at the time, to tell him to call on a client in Amarillo. The rep replied "You go see him. You're closer to him than I am".

Victoria must be one of the most beautiful cities in North America. But it is the virtual wilderness of rest of the island which is most enchanting to outdoors types.