Has anyone figured out what grain bullet for accurate graduated sights?

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Rogan Kinnear, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Rogan Kinnear

Rogan Kinnear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Has anyone figured what grain and speed bullet to get the ladder/graduated rear sight to be accurate? My 308 goes from 1 to just over 300. I'm Assuming this will match the 200 peep too if it's original or are they generic? Be interesting to see if anyone found or developed a load to match. If not I guess I'll start playing but it would be cool to hear it see anyone else experience. Cheers

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020

2. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    My experience with .308 and 30-06 has been that a 150 grain bullet proved to be the most accurate and deadly on game up to and including large deer.

rick

Rogan Kinnear likes this.
  3. Rogan Kinnear

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Cheers for the reply Rick. Currently using 150gn in 308 and 30/30 and can't argue with you!

4. Rogan Kinnear

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Am I correct in thinking you have the screw on rear irons? I can see what looks like two 'beads'. I'm assuming are screws above the front checkering. I do like irons. I'm looking for a scope for mine but want to retain the irons and have the peep handy. Planning on using the peep in the day for pigs in scrub but will leave at home on long walks and have the irons as a backup. If can get removable rings that are reliable and sturdy ill use removable scope rings. Although I've used irons all my life, it's a skill that needs some 'maintenance' and it will be nice to use when varminting to keep the skill polished.

5. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    The peep sight is generic, and adjustable for both windage and elevation by means of opposing set screws (I believe you might call that a grub screw).

Rogan Kinnear likes this.
  6. Rogan Kinnear

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Correct, cheers