Greetings from NZ

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Mark Copeland, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Mark Copeland

Mark Copeland Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    Hi Folks

Mark from Rotorua in New Zealand here. I have been a Sako Rifle fan and sometime collector for many years. My current crop, all of which I use from time to time to take red deer and other NZ game includes (not showing off, just confirming my palmares as a true Sako fan!):

- Sako 85 Finnlight "All Black Edition" .270
    - Sako L46 .22 Hornet, Original condition
    - Sako L461 Vixen .222 Rem, VG condition
    - Sako L461 Vixen Deluxe .222 Rem, Excellent condition
    - Sako A1 Vixen .222 Rem, Original condition

I have a real penchant for collecting .222 Rem or .22 Hornet Rifles. If you don't mind me saying my other favourite collectible rifles are older BSAs and Mausers.

Best

MJC

deergoose likes this.

2. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    G’day from Australia Mark.
    Nice line up of Sakos there, we are all partial to a pic or two if you can find the time.
    Don’t mind hearing the odd hunting yarn either mate.

3. Mark Copeland

Mark Copeland Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    Thanks Deersako. Here's a couple of line-up shots of some of my 222s. Vixen Deluxe and A1 at top. Can you or anyone else tell me what the rear sight on the Vixen Deluxe looked like before being removed (I am sure to allow for a scope). Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Some nice rifles Mark, thanks for the pics.
    The rear sight on the deluxe would have been very similar to this, possibly a slight variation in shape and the graduations may have differed Eg; 1-3 (100m-300m) or 1-5 (100m-500m)

3118104E-EE0F-4ABF-A426-F66867DE0287.jpeg 76BF1059-BAC7-4621-9B45-AA0B23B4A4EE.jpeg

5. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Crest
    Hello Mark,

I too have a fondnest for the .22 Hornet. I own 2 which are a 1954 L46 and a 1955 B.S.A. " Hunter " I also like the .218 Bee L46, but trying to find one of those here in England UK is like finding the " Holy Grail "! Very good to hear from you.

Blackjack AKA Mike The Limey

deergoose likes this.