Greetings from Northern Minnesota!

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by WayneS, Mar 19, 2020.

1. WayneS

WayneS Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    I'm a new member from Northeastern Minnesota. I enjoy hunting - especially whitetails in Minnesota and elk out west - and have two Sako rifles. I purchased a Sako Finnlight in 7mm-08 a few years ago so I'd have a light, all-weather mountain rifle to hunt with out west... and I truly enjoy it. In fact I was so impressed with the quality of the Finnlight that I recently purchased a like-new Sako 85 Finnbear in 30-06. This one has a beautiful well-figured walnut stock and will only be a fair-weather hunting rifle :) I've mounted Leupold VX-6 2-12 scopes on both of them complete with the firedot reticle. One of my reasons for joining is to solicit recommendations on how to sell a pair of vintage/early scope rings that came with the Finnbear. They are in very good condition, one inch rings, and Low height. I presently have an ad on Armslist (if anyone might be interested) but would welcome additional suggestions on where/how to sell them.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/1134...-sako-scope-rings---early-vintage-style---low

In addition to learning more about Sako rifles in general, my other primary reason for joining is to learn any tips for reloading that might be specific to Sako rifles. Thank you.

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    You can list them here in the Trade Corner (classifieds) section of our forum. Just check the rules on listing. Many members here avoid Armslist because of the many scams there & Armslist's refusal to police the bad guys.

3. WayneS

WayneS Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Thank you, PaulsonConstruction...appreciated!

4. WayneS

WayneS Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Having difficulty posting photos with classified ad. I'll try again as this may be my third post :)

5. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Wayne, I've never been to Minnesota though my son in law is from there.
    So, where in Mn are you? Looks like I maybe visiting in July - depending on a lot of factors. SIL and my daughter are moving to Mn after e graduates in June (California School).

6. WayneS

WayneS Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    We are up in the Two Harbors area along Lake Superior. Enjoy your visit as Minnesota is a beautiful state - especially along Lake Superior :)

Thanks,
    Wayne