• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Front stock

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

darry

How much difference is there in the front stock on a 691 and a Av carbine. On the parts break down from sako they look very similar. The hardware kit for the front stock of the 691 is available through baretta it includes all the muzzle end cap and stock ring and all the bolts. Does anyone know if the 691 parts will work on a AV?

Darry

Darry- Thank you for the information and welcome to the club. Beretta should be an excellent source for parts for the AVs also but the contract does not seem to include firearms that are that old. Hopefully some one that owns an AV will take a chance and try that 691 cap. Meanwhile, stick around and share some more knowledge with us.- Misako.

I lost my cap and im stuck with a synthetic on my rife till I can find a new cap so I can put my full stock back on my AV I called and the part number is good for the 691 hardware and it was about $181.00 . If no one knows for sure I might just buy it and put it on or try to put it on . I cant stand the synthetic stock I got on it atm. The reason it cost so much is that its all the metal parts for the front stock in a kit. the parts break downs look realy close I bet if it doesnt fit a person could make it work fairly easy.
Darry

Sorry Darry. I am living in the past again. I thought we were talking about 30 bucks worth of parts and it wouldn't be such a reach to take a chance. Tell those robbers to throw in a spare recoil pad and a couple of sight hoods for that price.- Mike

Does anyone have a picture of a 691 with a carbine stock on it if I could see one I might be able to tell if the muzzle cap will fit the AV.
Darry

Darry - a question and an observation. Do you know if the kit is furnished in the white, or blued? My understanding is that the forend hardware was carefully fit to each individual rifle at the factory when being built. The idea being to join the forend and barrel in as neutral a manner as possible... Imagine this little detail is one of the main reasons the Sako fullstocks shoot so well.

Point is that even if you had a replacement cap from the correct era, it would likely require some fitting by somebody who knew what they were doing to work best. They may well be produced slightly oversized/undersized to allow for precise fitting. Don't know if it would be reasonable to expect them to simply bolt on and work and look perfect... I just mention this all so you don't get blindsided by fittment issues later.

Dick

Dick and all,

I'm learning! My AII is my only Sako at the moment, but is a full stock beauty. It wouldn't surprise me if all the stock and hardware were carefully fitted. That would be in keeping with the quality that Sako is renowned for...

Will have to get some decent pictures of mine when I get home and post them.

All the best,

Wes

I am not sure if its blued or white I can call and find out the main thing I was wondering if it was the same original shape I was expecting to take it to a smith and get the cap fitted. I have just surfed the web a lot looking fr a 691 in a carbine and have not seen one.
Darry

How lucky I found my muzzle cap . I will post a picture of my Sako as soon as I get one of it. I would still like to find out how close the 691 muzzle cap is to an AV muzzle cap. I sure am glad I didnt have to spent $181.00 to find out.

Back