• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

FN-Sako DELUXE Bofors Fishgods

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

stonecreek

SCC Secretary
SCC Board Member
I was able to add this rarity to my collection a few months ago. It is an FN Mauser action barrelled and stocked by Sako in the Deluxe configuration similar to those made at the time (late 1950's) on Sako's own L46 and L57 actions.

Note the "Weatherby" slant on the fore arm tip. Its barrel is not only marked "Bofors Steel" in front of the action, but "Made In Finland is marked just aft of the BS mark -- something not done on other Sakos. It has the open-centered crossbolt like its successor L61R, and the left side of the barrel is marked with the usual Sako proofs and the serial number. The Fishgods floorplate I've only seen on a few L57's and L579's -- this is the only long action I've ever seen it on. The sling swivels appear to have been replaced, as has the pad, and the finish has either been rubbed down to a low-luster or has been refinished in a satin oil. Both the bolt and the magazine follower are jeweled by machine turning and I don't know if this is factory or owner-added decoration.

At any rate, I thought you guys might find this very rare example of interest.

Attachments

• fndlx1.JPG
    fndlx1.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 264
  • fndlx2.JPG
    fndlx2.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 256
  • fndlx3.JPG
    fndlx3.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 255
  • fndlxy4.JPG
    fndlxy4.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 256
  • fndlx5.JPG
    fndlx5.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 254
:jaw::bow1::clap::score:

Oahhwwww! That´s a nice one for sure!! Neverever seen a Deluxe Sako Hi Power before and that one is way cool! Congratulations!!!

Sweeeeeeeet!

Jim

Fabulous!!- In keeping with a long standing tradition, I find that I am compelled to make a generous offer for the rarest of the Deluxe Finnbears. I will offer the mint pad pictured and two "moonies" and a "steely" to get that in my hot little hands. The pad was never "hunted" but only taken to the range to draw crowds:bigsmile3: $(KGrHqN,!lcE8L06wK39BPGbDg!gMw~~60_1.jpg Misako
pencil.png

Sweet rifle Stonecreek! I'm glad it went to one of "Our Guys"! I looked hard at it when it was up, you did good on this one! I have never seen the fish god on a long action Sako...Now that I think of it, I don't think I've seen anything but the standard "sakolope" on a pre G long action?!?!?!? Thanks for the rare pics!!!~Bloo

Stoney, we need guys like you to keep us up to speed! and educated
who would have thought, a deluxe Sako Mauser!
well done! and keep them comin'
whats the calibre?
notice the flat on the bolt handle bottom, similar to some early 579's

Stoney, we need guys like you to keep us up to speed! and educated
who would have thought, a deluxe Sako Mauser!
well done! and keep them comin'
whats the calibre?
notice the flat on the bolt handle bottom, similar to some early 579's
I apologize for overlooking to mention the caliber. Unfortunately, it is only the common (but great) .30-06.

Stone,

Glad you took your camera out for the Holiday. That's another of those "'bout as good as it gets" SAKO's. Very nice, indeed. I have a relatively limited supply of Lake City API's in 30-06 (155 gr.). Every now and then I run a couple down one of my '06's and there's still a lot of R-E-S-P-E-C-T from me for that one. Still a great round. I normally shoot 130's.

Thanks for sharing.

S-A

Stone: Awesome rare bird there. Never seen a deluxe FN, let alone the Fish Gods on a Long Action. If the '06 is too common for you I know a nice place in my safe for it. Congrats.

Back