• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Valmet Fitting O/U barrels to 412ST.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Letscone

I acquired a set of O/U barrels for my Valmet 412ST. They do mount on the receiver but must be much more firmly closed to lock. What fitting should be done to have these barrels operate like the top single barrel does? I have not found a local gunsmith that has experience so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wow. I have been shooting my 412 ST trap gun since the 1980’s and have rarely seen a page from the owners manual posted and never seen any of the Gunsmithing manual. What a treasure for all Valmet fans. Thank you so much.

Letscone,

Wondering if you received any gunsmith recommendations for fitting 412/512 barrels. I recently purchased a Valmet 30-06 Express barrel set on gunbroker to add to my 512 system. The barrel set looks to be unfitted, as there is no sign of filing or contouring at those points indicated in the manual, and it will not close/lock on my nearly new receiver. I'm not comfortable doing the fitting myself and am interested in any recommendations for gunsmiths with 412/512 experience. Thanks in advance!

Letscone,

Wondering if you received any gunsmith recommendations for fitting 412/512 barrels. I recently purchased a Valmet 30-06 Express barrel set on gunbroker to add to my 512 system. The barrel set looks to be unfitted, as there is no sign of filing or contouring at those points indicated in the manual, and it will not close/lock on my nearly new receiver. I'm not comfortable doing the fitting myself and am interested in any recommendations for gunsmiths with 412/512 experience. Thanks in advance!

I have not gotten any recommendations for a smith and I have not found anyone local either. If you find someone let me know.

I acquired a set of O/U barrels for my Valmet 412ST. They do mount on the receiver but must be much more firmly closed to lock. What fitting should be done to have these barrels operate like the top single barrel does? I have not found a local gunsmith that has experience so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have fitted some FEG barrels and single shots, but for myself. There's a lot to be said for patience and looking at every aspect of fit, but believe-it or not, 98% can be done with a magic marker and a new 10" flat smooth lathe file with dead sides

I recently had Harless Precision (http://www.hpgunsmithing.com) in Fountain, Colorado fit used 20 ga, 24 in. 12 ga, and 9.3x74R Express barrel sets to my FinnClassic 512 receiver. They did an exceptional job and I was very happy with the results. I also have a damaged 30-06 Express barrel set that they found somebody willing to laser weld and re-blue for me. I looked for a long time for a competent gunsmith willing to work on the 412/512 platform, and was fortunate to find this business. Shane Jr. performed the work.

Thanks for posting that. I have no current issues with my two 412-series Valmets but it's good to know that help is available if anything comes up that I can't handle myself.

Back