• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Finnwolf deluxe??

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Turbo27x

Thanks for adding me new to forum ..need help.. I took a chance on what I believe to be an early Sn 11xx finnwolf “deluxe “... it doesn’t have skip line checkering nor white spacer in between rosewood and stock on forearm or pistol grip cap.. if I use serial # to authenticate thru sako will they tell me if it is in fact a deluxe or prototype or what I have??? Thanks for help

Attachments

• 6E07C0CC-57AD-4AE9-BA0A-7CF462AF5AB8.jpeg
    6E07C0CC-57AD-4AE9-BA0A-7CF462AF5AB8.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 1F2B3E34-D8BD-4D14-9BB8-789C170B7265.jpeg
    1F2B3E34-D8BD-4D14-9BB8-789C170B7265.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 76
Yes, if you use the Factory Records Service the handful of Deluxes will show marked as such by their serial numbers.

But I can tell you that it is a Standard grade on which someone has refinished the stock with a lighter colored stain and placed a contrasting fore end and grip cap on it. Too bad that they finished over the checkering. Otherwise, it's nice looking.

Yes, if you use the Factory Records Service the handful of Deluxes will show marked as such by their serial numbers.

But I can tell you that it is a Standard grade on which someone has refinished the stock with a lighter colored stain and placed a contrasting fore end and grip cap on it. Too bad that they finished over the checkering. Otherwise, it's nice looking.
I can’t believe it’s not factory..the fit n finish looks perfect to me .and the wood grain is superior to the deluxes I own..but I’m here looking for advice and appreciate it

Unfortunately Turbo27x There are no features that indicate it to be a Deluxe. I believe Stonecreek's assessment is spot on, as usual.
I've had a finnwolf with very similar timber characteristics, which makes me wonder if their stocke came from the same tree....

Unfortunately Turbo27x There are no features that indicate it to be a Deluxe. I believe Stonecreek's assessment is spot on, as usual.
I've had a finnwolf with very similar timber characteristics, which makes me wonder if their stocke came from the same tree....
He probably is that’s why I’m here asking for advice.i have put in a request with records department..I still believe it to be an awesome piece and will treat it as such .and wait to hear back from records department..I appreciate everyone’s feedback and knowledge..I’m new to the sako world and getting schooled..lol

It is hard to say, as beauty as they say is in the eye of the beholder. Many guys may like the addition of the colored wood foreend but most clollectors will not as it is not factory produced. Finnwolf's have been selling for pretty good money lately. No idea what you paid and that may be the question - if you paid a premium because you thought you were buying a deluxe then you may have overpaid. Unless you think you got taken, shoot it and enjoy it, they are great guns.

Last edited:
It is hard to say, as beauty as they say is in the eye of the beholder. Many guys may like the addition of the colored wood foreend but most clollectors will not as it is not factory produced. Finnwolf's have been selling for pretty good money lately. No idea what you paid and that may be the question - if you paid s premium because you thought you were buying a deluxe then you may have overpaid. Unless you think you got taken, shoot it and enjoy it, they are great guns.
I think if I did overpay I’m not far off .. I’m gonna shoot it and love it thanks fellas

Latest posts

Back