• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Finnwolf 243 Commemorative

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Eddie Kay

Purchased this rifle.Previous owner added the pad without cutting the stock.Is it possible to find an original buttplate with white spacer? img_1646.jpg

Eddie- The butt plates can be found on ebay and on here at times, but there were two styles that I am aware of and I don't know which was used on the commemoratives. Hope someone who owns one will help.-Misako

If not mistaken didn't they have a plate that said FINLAND and then under it the words SAKO which were printed so to see it properly you had to lay the gun on its side the " O" being down near the Toe of the buttstock.

I'm no authority on the Wolf, but the image with Sako spelled out is the style on mine. The other butt plate has just the 'S'. Sako plate.jpg Sako pad.jpg

This was the ButtPlate I was thinking of theat came on the SAKO Collector Finn.

Attachments

• a44d835abc003320273a7fc6bc856774.jpg
    a44d835abc003320273a7fc6bc856774.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 17
Marlin92. That is what I thought would be the proper time frame for the commemoratives. 16b410's top picture is the early buttplate seen on the Finnwolfs I have. (They are the same style as the Foresters of the same time frame)-Misako

I've seen regular Finnwolfs go for near that price, so let condition and whatever value you assign to the limited edition be your guide.

Beyond the price is how the rifle makes you feel. I sold my Commemorative and kept the Wolf I have now because it is a far prettier rifle. I took 1500.00 cash for the SCA Wolf 5 years ago and never looked back. The only reason I still have the one I kept is because it would hurt to see it go.

Latest posts

Back