Finnlight stock

Discussion in 'Sako Long/Magnum Actions' started by AKforager, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AKforager

AKforager Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    Hi all.

Wondering how I might be able to get a hold of a factory stock for an 85 Finnlight, magnum action? Been searching online and haven't found anything. Appreciate any leads to vendors, or other sources...

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    A very tough nut to crack. You’ll just need to constantly search the web. Ebay, Beretta, Gunbroker, etc. Also place a WTB add in the trade corner here on the site. Not many folks remove a Finnlight stock for a McMillian. Part of the issue is aftermarket stocks for an 85 are not plentiful. McMillian is really about it. At $635.00 and up, plus the six month wait, most folks leave their rifle alone, unless there is a problem. Good luck.

3. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Might you say why you need another stock. Did you buy just a barreled action? Is your other stock junk, broke in half? Could it be just cracked, maybe repairable?

4. AKforager

AKforager Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    Thanks, I should have said. Crazy as it might sound I was thinking about putting a finnlight stock on my Kodiak .375. I like the kodiak stock but it’s a touch heavy for some aspects of field use, so I would switch back and forth depending on range / hunting purposes. It might take some fitting but I’m hoping the finnlight stock (which I like a lot) would wind up being cheaper and lighter than a McMillan.

5. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    The Finnlight is still in production, so Beretta should be able to get one if they want to.

Barrel channel on the Finnlight stock is too narrow to fit the Kodiak barrel straight away, so it will need some fitting. All the rest of the action should fit fine.

AKforager likes this.
  6. AKforager

AKforager Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    Thanks—makes sense. I will try to call or see if I can order through my gunsmith. Any idea what they might cost?

7. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    I'm not sure if it's the same for all of the world but msrp for Finland is 695€.

Edit: I forgot to mention this includes 24% tax. So about 560€ without tax.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  8. AKforager

AKforager Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    Good to know. If it’s anywhere near that I may as well just get a McMillan.

9. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    I bought a McMIllian reject flat top for super cheap. Due to MANY circumstances, I have a SAKO action H&R single shot 308.
    It was more work than "drop in" of course but it was fun and a great project, and I got exactly what I wanted.

I'm not sure who makes the stock for the Finnlight - honestly I doubt it's SAKO - I know someone will correct me of I'm wrong.

10. AKforager

AKforager Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    Used to be able to get all kinds of great McMillan seconds on gunstox.com but they're no longer operating, sadly.

11. Spotshooter

Spotshooter Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kansas
    You want to find a guy who put a McMillan or other custom stock and replaced thier factory stock...
    I did this but not in a magnum...

AKforager likes this.