• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnbear L61R deluxe 300 mag. 300 HH

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Serial number 9831, bear on pistol grip, engraving on floor plate and trigger guard.
Its really an accurate rifle. It appears Someone did remove the open sights years ago.
Denny
e629c6b16919f9b0d300a725453a2539.jpg
9a906743da1befb7d2b286f5561f3f37.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

An L61R Deluxe in .300 H&H is a rare bird indeed. Congratulations on your excellent taste in rifles, and your good luck in finding it. Do you see evidence that sights were removed, or are you just assuming that sights were removed because it doesn't have any? Most early US-market Deluxes were built without sights, while Euro-market guns did have sights. That's a very early gun with the 4-digit serial number. My .300 H&H is also a four-digit, but it's a standard grade rifle.

We'd love to see a few more pics of your rifle.

Congrats on owning a highly desirable Finnbear .300 H&H Deluxe! That's one on my bucket list.

I happened onto an L61R standard grade several years ago. It was clearly neglected with improperly assembled and bowed bottom metal, corrosion on the outside of the barrel, and careless stock dings. However, its caliber was misidentified in the ad, so I got it for a song with the intention of spending some money on it to get it restored.

That is, until I shot it. It shot so well that I didn't want to mess with anything. Three-quarter inch cloverleafs with anything I put through it. So, I straightened the bottom metal, put a little touch-up bluing on the barrel, cleaned up the stock a little, and promptly took an elk with it at 200 yards. It remains one of my very most favorite and consistent hunting rifles -- and due to its historic condition doesn't have to be babied when in the field.

Congrats on owning a highly desirable Finnbear .300 H&H Deluxe! That's one on my bucket list.

I happened onto an L61R standard grade several years ago. It was clearly neglected with improperly assembled and bowed bottom metal, corrosion on the outside of the barrel, and careless stock dings. However, its caliber was misidentified in the ad, so I got it for a song with the intention of spending some money on it to get it restored.

That is, until I shot it. It shot so well that I didn't want to mess with anything. Three-quarter inch cloverleafs with anything I put through it. So, I straightened the bottom metal, put a little touch-up bluing on the barrel, cleaned up the stock a little, and promptly took an elk with it at 200 yards. It remains one of my very most favorite and consistent hunting rifles -- and due to its historic condition doesn't have to be babied when in the field.
Let's see a photo! :D

Let's see a photo! :D
Here's a few. I can't get a really good photo at the end of the barrel. Has one odd stain spot on the stock and a few nicks here and there. I quit using it about 15 years ago because of our rugged country and tons of rain. Went over to synthetic stocks and stainless barrels. Still love the Sako and Tikka rifles.
Denny
2b252a2b95e52c9a7077bd63143d4631.jpg
696951d4915ee719525ddc3ae06c727b.jpg
02e505aa98bd9fde967831f0f7b6d216.jpg
a5cadc3f4fe6594a124d91a2f8ea76b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Proportions are sometimes hard to interpret in photos, but is that one of the scarce 26" barrels? If so, double congratulations!

Stonecreek did a bunch of research back in 2018 on the number of 300’s produced. Use the search feature and search Contest 300 H&H. Final production numbers were 1174 for both standard and deluxe models. The thread has some good information.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back