• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Fiberclass 7mm Mag

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

RDW

Hi to all, I would like to have any information possible for my rifle. As stated it's a Fiberclass 7mm Mag.
The S/N is 600207. I've included a couple of photos, I hope.
I truly enjoy and have learned so much from all you folks.
Thanks very much.

Attachments

• Made in.JPG
    Made in.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Serial Number.JPG
    Serial Number.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 29
Hi to all, I would like to have any information possible for my rifle. As stated it's a Fiberclass 7mm Mag.
The S/N is 600207. I've included a couple of photos, I hope.
I truly enjoy and have learned so much from all you folks.
Thanks very much.
Look on the forum on left side of page under all things Sako etc and look under long/mag actions. You have an AV which began with L61R in the early 60s. Plenty of reading of information there regarding the beginning and evolution of this series of Sakos. Welcome to the group.

Tomball, That is the section I posted the question. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer. I'm speaking more directly to my S/N rifle. As in when it was made, where it was originally shipped to, that sort of thing.

Tomball, That is the section I posted the question. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer. I'm speaking more directly to my S/N rifle. As in when it was made, where it was originally shipped to, that sort of thing.
The Club records are for earlier era rifles than the AV. I will guess your rifle was made in 87/88 time frame. This is based off of notes I have and time frame and serial numbers for those years of some of my rifles. Cannot guarantee these dates since Sako did not sequently number their rifles. Where shipped and to whom, without actual shipping documents, impossible to determine. Beretta is not known to respond to this type of request or any request for the most part. Beretta purchased Sako long after your rifle was manufactured. Sorry I cannot help further, others may chime in with information they may have accumulated.

Last edited:
You've been a great help. You've told me more than I knew before.
I bought the rifle new while I was stationed in Germany. I purchased it at the Army Rod and Gun Club in 1998. They told me a guy put a down payment for them to order it for him and then he left Germany before the rifle arrived. The Rod and Gun had the rifle several months prior to me buying it. The paperwork that should have been with the gun was misplaced, image the government misplacing paperwork.
All I knew before was it was made before 1998.
This rifle has never been shot. I've got many other guns I shoot.

Thanks very much,
Rick

Back