• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 extraction problem with Finnwolf 243

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

campcreek

Just got a FIC Finnwolf in 243 Win. Serial #398X. I put a scope on it and fired one round. The lever will not budge. I'm not about to force it and remember a thread that showed how to use a screwdriver and move a lug on the bolt to release the bolt. If I can get the bolt open then I can start working on what the problem is.
I worked the action when I purchased the gun and it worked just like my 308. I'm using Winchester 80 gr. pointed soft point rounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Bill

Put a wood or steel rod (smaller diameter than the case neck) down the barrel to the inside of the casehead. Tap on it with a hammer while you gently pull down on the lever. I'm not familiar with the screwdriver moving a lug method, so maybe someone will chime in & we will both learn something. Anything that lowers the risk of breaking your extractor is a good thing. Good Luck!

Take your mag out of the gun and turn it upside down. Take a screwdriver and push downward on the lug on the left side of the mag well when looking at the mag hole from the rear. While pushing on the lug lift up on the lever but don't use too much force. Once the lug is clear you can use pauls suggestion if the action still won't open. I do have a spare extractor if you find you need one.
good luck

When you do get it open check that your hammer spring and hammer spring guide are in place as in the attached picture

Attachments

• P1190972.JPG
    P1190972.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 19
Thank you both for the advice and quick response. I tried the pushing on the lug method after getting my old 308 out of the safe to make sure of how the bolt rotated. The bolt stayed locked no matter how hard I pushed. I then tried the rod method with my wife tapping and me pulling the lever and it opened. The ejector worked fine. Now as to what caused my problem. When I bought the rifle I looked down the barrel with my bore light and it has a perfect bore, but am I seeing the chamber? I feel like a cruddy chamber would cause this problem. Any other ideas.

Not a problem - your sure you were pushing on the lug and not the metal to the left of the lug and were pulling up on the lever at the same time. I ask because I have done this a number of timess and it has always worked for me but of course could depend on how badly it is jammed.
looking down the barrel really doesn't allow a view of the chamber you would need a bore scope

Update on problem with stuck round in chamber. Yes it was a dirty chamber problem. Gave it a good cleaning and all is well. Thanks all for your help.
Bill

Latest posts

Back