Ever seen a 10 shot mag for a sako 85 ?

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by Spotshooter, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Spotshooter

Spotshooter Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kansas
    I don’t think the Mag well design would allow it.. but I shot PRS with my Sako 85 and did pretty good even though it is a field rifle... Could have done better with a 10 shot magazine so - anyone ever heard of one even it if needs new bottom metal ?

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Have never seen a 10 round 85 magazine. Don’t believe anyone produces a magazine which utilizes factory bottom metal. CDi Precision Gun Works shows a Sako 85 LA Bottom metal kit and a 10 round magazine. Don’t know much more. Was in the R&D stage at one point. Don’t know if it’s actually being produced. Most likely not a drop in kit. Good luck

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  3. Spotshooter

Spotshooter Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kansas
    Thanks, I’ll go check them out.

4. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    I found this company a while back. Noticed the photo of an 85 with the bottom metal kit and magazine. I called to inquire about a magazine and bottom metal kit for an A7 - which I was in the process of reworking into a long range hunting rifle. He said he was doing R&D for the A7 rifle.

He stated once complete, he’d need to have my rifle for fitting. That won’t happen, as I don’t want my rifle to be in someone’s black hole for months. He’ll just need to send the kit - we’ll fit it ourselves. That’s if its ever available. This rife is in a McMillan Game Scout stock.

Haven’t seen the A7 product on his website as of yet.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019