• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Ever heard of a Sako 2700?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

icebear

Sako-addicted
I saw this auction (now closed) for a "Sako 2700" on Gunbroker. Looks like an ordinary as-built FN-Sako in .300 H&H to me. Appears to be original except it has a pad, and I don't know if the FN's were ever made with a pad. Nice European scope in claw mounts. I probably should have bid on it; it went for under 600 but I let it slide because I already have a couple of Sakos in that caliber. Anybody know where that "Sako 2700" could have come from? The markings in the photos don't show anything like that.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/860466617

The seller doesn't have a clue. It's not a "maple" stock either. 2700 was just probably what someone told him & has no basis to anything that can be documented. Just my intuition talking.

Thanks guys. It's useful to know what the Sako 2700 actually is. I figured it had nothing to do with the FN. I think somebody got a good deal on that rifle for 600 bucks, especially with that scope and claw mounts. I'm still kind of thinking I should have bid, but on the other hand the safe is full anyway and I already have one in that caliber.

Back