Ever heard of a Sako 2700?

Discussion in 'Sako Mausers, Hi-Powers and Magnum Mausers' started by icebear, Mar 21, 2020.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    I saw this auction (now closed) for a "Sako 2700" on Gunbroker. Looks like an ordinary as-built FN-Sako in .300 H&H to me. Appears to be original except it has a pad, and I don't know if the FN's were ever made with a pad. Nice European scope in claw mounts. I probably should have bid on it; it went for under 600 but I let it slide because I already have a couple of Sakos in that caliber. Anybody know where that "Sako 2700" could have come from? The markings in the photos don't show anything like that.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/860466617

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    The seller doesn't have a clue. It's not a "maple" stock either. 2700 was just probably what someone told him & has no basis to anything that can be documented. Just my intuition talking.

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
  4. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Thanks guys. It's useful to know what the Sako 2700 actually is. I figured it had nothing to do with the FN. I think somebody got a good deal on that rifle for 600 bucks, especially with that scope and claw mounts. I'm still kind of thinking I should have bid, but on the other hand the safe is full anyway and I already have one in that caliber.