VL63 Ejector Spring Help Needed

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks for gunsmithing your own Sako' started by rr2241tx, Aug 21, 2021.

1. rr2241tx

rr2241tx Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I probably should have known that a .308 Finnwolf that appeared to be practically unfired was going to be a headache. I bought it anyway. First range day I discovered that the ejector plunger was firmly stuck completely forward. Tore it apart and spent days attempting to free up the ejector and eventually my gunsmith drilled it out. Looks like petrified cosmolene in the hole. Made a new plunger and the cleaned out spring doesn't have any kick left. Made a ersatz ejector spring by shortening an M1 carbine spring. Spent another half day getting all the parts back inside and it is no better now.

Does anyone have any suggestions about making a new ejector spring or modifying a common gunsmithing spring so that the ejector will actually throw a case out of the action?

2. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    PM me I can help with what ever parts you require

3. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    A buddy of mine was having an issue with ejection but his was just a very dirty chamber. Once we cleaned it he had no issue. He was shooting reloads and the powder seemed awful dirty.